I’m terrrrrrrrible at throwing away old make-up, especially lipsticks. But it’s a Catch-22 because then they sit in a miserable little mess in some bag in a closet. Mostly forgotten. I’m motivated by all these people going minimal – or maybe I’m missing when I was living much more minimally in Japan a year ago – but I’m trying to clear out the clutter. Or just use what I have. Or just know what I have! I wasn’t going to post these pics, but haha – why not! I went through all of my tube lipsticks (not gloss, that’s another can of worms or bag of make-up) I have and tested them out to see what looked liked what on me.
*This was unplanned. My hair is dirty, and my make-up’s messy, and this is just a random lipstick selfie bathroom experiment before I wash my face and go to bed.
My natural lips. They disappear and my sisters like to make fun of me for it.
1. NARS Mitzi. ANCIENT, and almost gone. Laney told me about this shade.
2. NARS Schiap, a hot hot hot pink shade.
3. NARS Heat Wave, a very very very red shade. It’s my newest lipstick (like I need more!) and I’ve yet to wear it out in public.
4. MAC Vegas Volt, a pretty peach shade. My sister Allison worked for MAC for a little while after college and picked this out for me.
5. J. Crew’s Poppy King. Tempted by anything that someone wears in a J.Crew catalog.
6. L’Paige mood lipstick. I don’t know why I only got a pic with this face? I think I’m annoyed by my hair… My sisters and I all got this green lipstick that turns a pink shade one Christmas and it’s so fun!
7. Lancome Rose Petal. One of those free lipsticks from the gift bag.
8. Yojiya RD-1, all the way from Kyoto!
9. Lancome Perfect Fig. This is another free lipstick from a gift bag. In certain light, it looks almost gothic.
I think my favorite is the Yojiya from Japan – OF COURSE! Japan makes the best make-up.
Do you have a go-to lipstick? Do you horde lipsticks, too:)