A quick recap of my quick weekend in New York. I was only there for two and a half days, so it went too fast.
1. Meet my cousin’s new baby. His name is George and he’s gorgeous.
2. I saw Mario Batali.
I felt only slightly creepy taking this picture. I was in the middle of taking random pictures of some random stores across the street when my cousin whispered to us, “There goes Mario Batali…” I only had to pivot and snap.
3. I loved the food and street art scene, parts of which reminded me of London. My favorite food were the doughnuts from Dough, but I also indulged in s’mores pie, Cemita’s, homemade lemon asparagus pasta (Lisa is Italian), Sprinkles cupcakes, burgers, and pizza. Um, yes. YES!
There was a crazy stupid line for the infamous Ramen Burger at Smorgasburg, which we were not waiting in, but this burger even had a t-shirt.
4. Lisa and I spent Friday night like this.
5. We spent Saturday camped out at a beer garden in Brooklyn.
6. Our 10K on Sunday never ever happened not because of the beer garden, but because we had bad train karma. We were seriously on like six different trains, and then ended up on the other side of Prospect Park from the race. We tried. We tried really hard, and still got our race t-shirts. Lisa the lawyer also got us a free race entry to another race because the initial race directions to the registration were wrong. So, instead we went out for cappuccinos and had mani/pedicures.
7. Lisa and I watched the weirdest/most fascinating movie. It’s called Adore and has Naomi Watts and Robin Wright in it. Here’s the trailer.
They play two mothers who have affairs with each other’s sons. Gross. Bleh. I KNOW. Yet, Lisa and I still watched this movie twice. It also sent us on a epic Google quest.
We were Googling the actor Xavier Samuel during the movie because only this guy could make us all root for a happy ending for him.
We were Googling to find out what clothing and jewelry they all wore in this movie because it’s like laid-back Australian beach paradise vibe. Meaning, there were more flowy button downs, maxi dresses, and swim suits than a beach edition J.Crew catalog. I was digging it.
We were Googling where in the heck they filmed this movie? They lived in what looked like Frank Lloyd Wright beach houses perched on cliffs nestled between a crescent-shaped idyllic white sand beach and a forest. There was never a cloudy day. The water was always turquoise. I never saw anyone else on the beach. Is Seal Rocks and Shelly Beach really like this?
8. I love pictures of people’s bathrooms. Here’s Lisa’s. Twas like a spa!
And I now want Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray and Italian deodorant.
After two days, I basically started copying from Lisa. I bought the same tank top and pajamas as her over the weekend. Do other people do this? I hope so.
So it was a really fun weekend, and now I’m catching up on work, workouts, and sleep this week. Ciao!