My Top Five Young Adult Books.

my top five young adult books

I leave tomorrow. You all are probably thinking, FINALLY! I feel like it came too fast, but I’ve talked about it for too long. In other words, today feels weird.

Anyway, I’m busy. Probably the busiest I’ve ever been. BUT I saw where NPR is doing a poll on the Best Young Adult Books. Holla! I wish I had more time to browse the comments section. Can’t wait for them to reveal the poll results. (Forever Young Adult also posted their top five books, which is fun to check out.)

I have to throw in my two cents. Wish I had time to describe how they all rocked my literary world and are A+++++++ books. Sigh.

My Top Five Young Adult Books:

(Series can count as one.)

1. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

(Duh.)

Type: Dystopian

2. Divergent by Veronica Roth

(The next Hunger Games. It’s brilliant.)

Type: Dystopian

3. Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling Series) by Megan McCafferty

(The best commentary on high school EVER.)

Type: Contemporary/Realistic

4. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessenย

(My favorite book at the moment. I can’t absorbย anythingย new while my life is in a state of complete chaos, so I keep rereading it. God, it’s great!)

Type: Contemporary/Realistic

5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore

(Medieval fantasy-ish, strong heroine, adventure, evil Kings, cool maps, fight scenes, PO.)

Type: Fantasy

This entry was posted in GOOD READS and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to My Top Five Young Adult Books.

1. Megan says:

This is JUST what I needed to see today. I actually have a copy of Sloppy Firsts that I’ve been meaning to read – picking it up now! Have a WONDERFUL time on your adventures, and I can’t wait to follow along!

Carve out the day. Books 1-2 are FANTASTIC. (The later ones, not as much, but you’re so wrapped up in the characters that you carry on.)

2. Stephanie says:

Yay, a new book list. I will definitely be adding these to my list. What is it about YA fiction that just gets straight to the point and carries me with it whole-heartedly? I’m 49 years old for crying out loud! Thank you!

Oh, I’m in the same boat! I’m well past the high school age. The stories are great though. I think they all have universal themes to them that apply to so many ages! (Plus, they are way more fun to read than other genres.)

3. Pingback: Tips for Aspiring Writers of Books for Juveniles From Writers of Books for Young Adults « Dispensable Thoughts

4. Karis says:

You got me hooked on Sarah Dessen books, but somehow I was unaware of The Truth About Forever. Just placed a library hold for it.

Karis – I have yet to e-mail your brother, but I will! Thank you so much for his contact information. I’m a bit overwhelmed with everything at the moment (and wondering why I did all this to myself), but once….ONCE….I get there, I’ll be looking for lots of Japan info. I know nothing.

Also, I adore Sarah Dessen. I had been wary of her books for a while. I was judging their covers. Never judge a book by the cover! Anyway, they are GEMS. Just gems! Which ones are your faves? So far, this is my favorite one of hers. I’ve also read (and enjoyed) Keeping The Moon, Just Listen, This Lullabuy, Lock & Key and Along For The Ride. Haven’t read What Happened to Good-bye, Dreamland, That Summer, or Someone Like You yet.

I also love her blog: http://sarahdessen.com/blog/

(Of course.)

5. sweetcraving says:

I’m reading Divergant at the moment!! Both my sisters have read it and recommended it. Summer is the best time for a good read x

6. Tara says:

I LOVED Divergent. I was thirsty for another YA dystopian series after The Hunger Games and found that/Insurgent. Can’t wait for the third book in the fall. And I’ve read a couple of the Sloppy First books, have yet to finish the series!

Loved Divergent/Insurgent. Wish I found another series that good while I wait for the next one!

The first two books are the best out of the Sloppy Firsts series (in my opinion). So, not missing out on too, too much.

7. realfunfood says:

Thanks for posting this! I’ve been wanting another book like the Hunger Games, where I just can’t put it down. I love dystopian stories, so I’m definitely checking out Divergent!

8. actsofrebellion says:

love love LOVE the jessica darling series.. she’s so relatable. i need to check out the truth about forever! glad to get another recommendation on it!!