In addition to wearing bright fuchsia lipstick, eating waffles, and watching too much television (Girls, Game of Thrones, and Sister Wives) this weekend, I went to a gorgeous birthday party on Saturday night. A sit down dinner with candles, flowers, and real china.
I brought beer and a koozie, but now I think I want Waterford crystal and dinnerware. LOOK HOW PRETTY!
Jen made the cheesecake, which had this shortbread crust, delicious extra layer with almond extract, and a topping of sugared strawberries. It was a winner, and I’m prone to only liking cheesecakes with graham cracker crusts.
Not to worry! I snagged the recipe from Jen the next day.
Norma Jean’s Cheesecake
Okay, how much do you love the name?! The recipe is from a friend of her mom’s in Washington state.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 T granulated sugar
- 6 T melted butter
1. Stir, press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
2. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes until set and light golden in color. Turn oven down to 325 degrees F.
- 3 8-oz. packages of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
3. With a mixer, blend cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs and blend. Add flour, milk, salt, and lemon juice. Blend once more. No need to overbeat!
5. Pour into pan and bake for one hour. Can be wiggly but should look dryish and matte. Turn oven off, prop door open. Leave cheesecake in oven to cool for about an hour.
(add after cheesecake cools)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 capful of almond extract
6. Mix topping ingredients together and spread on cheesecake. Jen served it with sliced strawberries, sprinkled with a bit of sugar. IT WAS AMAZING!