I was super excited for Friday’s gallery reception for Sarah Ryan + Creston Lea’s hand painted guitars. They are soooo beautiful.
Then the next two days, my throat hurt, and I barely left the couch. I made it out for two short runs and met up with a few friends on Saturday afternoon. Otherwise, I stayed in my pajamas.
Here are five great things I discovered when feeling blah.
1. Fluff. A friend stopped by and giggled at my set-up. Ahhh, curled up and surrounded by books, magazines, my laptop, food and water. All fluff too. I was catching up on The Vampire Diaries and reading Glamour magazine.
2. Cats. Merlin was also in a lazy mood.
3. This Lullaby. I finished another Sarah Dessen book, which meant another horrible cover (glad I read them at my place) but another fantastic storyline.
4. Nail polish. Sparkly orange glitter nails lifted my spirits.
5. Hot pink food. I did some experimenting with beets in the kitchen. I made something really cool that I’ll post this week!