Since I’ve been sans camera, I decided it was a good time to reorganize the boat load of photos I’ve had spread out across two computers and two hard-drives. Yikes! It’s been fun to take a trip down memory lane, and I’d thought I’d share some of them on the blog.
(It’s officially winter here. Mindi says it’s snowing in their part of Vermont today. I’m mourning the fact that summer went too fast this year, so let’s focus on them.)
Summer 2003: The Gist
- Graduated from college.
- Went out west for the first time to work at a ranch in northern New Mexico.
- Went BACKPACKING for the first time!
- Ate the best pizza ever (Taos Pizza Outback), went to hot springs, summited mountains, swung from trees, played with kittens, hung out in yurts. For real. This was a cool summer.
- Met a boy. Even better. He took all these photos. Aren’t they great?
- Moved to Colorado – and reality – at the end of the summer.
*Okay, and now I officially miss the west. The clear skies and sunshine! My hair used to be so much curlier back then. Wow. Also, did you see the old CD player in the third photo?! Oh my.
Skipping: Summer 2004. Whew, this was a rough one. I was working for pennies at a place I like to refer to as e-Hell. It made me cry. My relationship ended. That made me cry too. By the end of the summer, I got a new job back in Ohio and was moving cross country. That was also sad. I can’t find a single photo from that summer.