I highly recommend making this drink to put you in the holiday mood. I am a bit bummed that I can’t go home for Thanksgiving – due to a tremendous amount of projects due – but this brightened my day. Make it soon!
Make some espresso.
In a small saucepan, add one cup of milk.
Two teaspoons of sugar.
One heaping tablespoon of canned pumpkin. Cook over medium heat, until steaming. Remove from heat.
Add 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. I made my own by mixing cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, and nutmeg.
Add one teaspoon vanilla.
Whisk then transfer to blender for about 15 seconds.
Pour into mug.
Top with espresso.
Sprinkle with more spice and enjoy. Amazing. Mmmm…..I made it this morning after a cold morning run with Amanda. Heaven!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Slightly adapted from The Kitchn
Makes one serving
- 1 cup milk (I used skim, but I’m sure whole would be even better)
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (This makes one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice: 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp allspice, 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg)
- 1 shot of espresso (about 1/4 cup)
1. Make the espresso. Don’t know how? Read about it here.
2. In a small saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar. Cook over medium heat, until steaming.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and spice. Transfer to blender and pulse for about 15 seconds. The mixture should be foamy.
4. Add to cup and top with espresso. I sprinkled a little extra spice on top.