Baked Apple Cider Donut Holes.

Keeping with the theme of using up leftovers, I had a large container of applesauce, apple cider and Greek yogurt that I need to use up soon or they would spoil. Lo and behold, I found a recipe for baked apple cider donut holes on TastyKitchen that called for all of these ingredients as well as maple syrup (a staple that I try to always have in the house). Awesome, awesome recipe. I love that they areΒ  baked and not fried. It made me feel slightly better for baking up dozens of sugar covered donuts. The batter was easy to whip up and the cinnamon scent made the whole apartment smell like a bakery.

{I loved dunking them in melted butter and rolling in the cinnamon/sugar mixture! It made them really look like donut holes.}

See how cute they are?

This entry was posted in IN THE KITCHEN. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Baked Apple Cider Donut Holes.

1. Jill says:

I actually have all the ingredients for these at home right now–LOVE it when that happens. The best recipes are usually the most simple!

2. Jill says:

Eek–I wish I would have invested in that mini muffin tin–I will get one this weekend!

3. Sarah says:

Yeah, filling up the mini muffin tins only halfway really helps too!

4. Memoria says:

YES!!! I made a fried version of apple dumplings last year and couldn’t fully enjoy them b/c of their fried nature. This is a much better recipe! Thank you for sharing this recipe and for the great, clear process photos.

5. MamaCooks says:

Thank you — I left New England a decade ago and pine for apple cider donuts every fall. Nowhere to be found out here… I need to clear my pantry and fridge over the next two weeks, and this will help me get there! They look delicious.

6. Valen says:

These look so tasty! I love how they are rolled in cinnamon sugar!

7. Pingback: IN THE KITCHEN: Mini Mocha-Walnut Marbled Cupcakes « daily nibbles