In Vermont, I had multiple gyms and yoga studios and running friends in the area, so I rarely worked out at home. In Japan, I stopped working out for almost six months, then I got on the at-home workout bandwagon.
I’m actually loving them! In our busy lives, working out at home is cheap and convenient. A lot of us JETs over here do at-home workouts.
1. My go-to exercise is yoga. I realized that even when everything in your life changes, and the things you did that you thought defined who you were come to a halt, this can be there for you. It will ground you. It will calm you down. It will make you stronger. And all it takes is a mat. I love it. I used to run a lot (last year I ran a marathon this weekend!) and now I don’t. I mainly just do this.
I usually do my Body by Bethanny or Ali McGraw DVD or a Yoga Today class. I signed up on Yoga Today for free and get access to one class a week. They also have some great videos on YouTube. My favorite of favorites.
2. Chelsea uses Yoga Download. Her sister got her a one-year pass and she gets access to TONS of videos. Sometimes I go over to her place and we do them together.
3. Clarissa, Ariana, and Josh like Blogilates. Holy wow, Cassey Ho has a huge YouTube following. I’ve tried the Call Me Maybe squat video, which is pretty entertaining.
4. Tone It Up Girls also have a similar following to the Blogilates crowd. I signed up for the e-mails and get updated recipes and workout videos sent to my gmail account. They have a Southern California vibe, so of course, I am as obsessed with their hair as I am their abs.
I also just started reading Project Lifting. Lucy follows the Tone It Up nutrition plan, but focuses on more weight lifting. She totally makes me want to lift heavy weights!
5. Cullan and Alex like the Insanity program. I find it has too much jumping to do at home. My building shakes too much. I also prefer to Zen-out when I workout alone: opting for long-distance running, swimming, or yoga.
Does anyone else have a favorite home workout? I am getting kind of obsessed with them.
P.S. ONE WEEK of free online barre3 workouts! You can get started whenever you like – it doesn’t have to be today – but the code must be redeemed by June 1st.
Promo Code: 7daysbarre3
P.P.S. There are just some cool videos on YouTube. I love the randomness that is out there. This yoga video got a lot of controversy, but I think it is really beautiful.