1. Ice skating at Open Skate on-campus. I’ve been having some foot issues running/walking, so this is my favorite form of cardio.
2. My cabinet space problem: too many mugs for one person.
3. Snoozin’ Merlin. He’s cute. If by random chance anyone loves cats, lives in the area, and is around Vermont over X-mas, he needs a catsitter:)
4. Juniper swag. They were cutting some outside my office and my co-workers and I took bunches home for holiday decor.
5. A drink called the Autumn Valentine @ Bluebird Tavern: pear brandy, spiced simple syrup, lemon juice. Jen and a few others grabbed a drink Friday night. We all got Heady Topper (a delicious American Double / Imperial IPA style beer brewed by The Alchemist in Waterbury, VT) and Jen ordered this cocktail. I took one sip and went “YOO HOO! I’ll take one too!”
6. Driving through Cambridge Vermont for a baby-shower.
7. Norma Jean’s cheesecake, Jen’s specialty. The key: bake for an hour, then prop the door for one hour. NO CRACKS! This time we made it with graham cracker crust.
8. & 9. Saturday late night slice of Mr. Mike’s pizza. The busiest place at 1 a.m.
10. Brunch – my first time making waffles since Japan! – while watching 10 Things I Hate About You. This recipe was brilliant.
11. I made more mugs to add to my growing obsession, I mean collection.
12. All the Christmas trees outside City Market. It smelled SO AMAZING. Also, please note that it’s only 5 p.m. in this picture.
13. A healthy Sunday night dinner: baked salmon, roasted broccoli, and pureed vegetable soup. I made vegetable soup late last week and wasn’t a fan, until I realized it tastes so much better blended into smoothie-like smoothness.